Thursday, March 21, 2013

Hello again, goodbye again.










 There have been some major crickets coming from this little blog the last two weeks.
I have been busy finishing a term at school (I'm one class away from being half-way done with a Masters!),
which is always a crazy, climactic time,
as well as planning Ramona's birthday festivities, and Cody and I have taken on a few little DIY projects.

We have made the rebuilding center a ritual while Ramona is at preschool,
picking up scrap hardwood, moulding, dowels, and whatever other little bits we think we'll use. 

On our way home a few weeks ago, we spotted the most amazing old wooden church pew on the side of the road.
So, naturally, we threw it in the back of our Prius and started stripping it. 
Cody has been working on it almost every day, and I'm so excited to see the final project. 
I think I'll miss the sound of hammering outside every (otherwise) quiet afternoon,
so much so that we might just have to find something else to build.
The bench will eventually make its home under our living room window, I think. 

As for me, I've been working on collecting materials to build Ramona an adorable little a-frame tent.
It all started with me finding a lovely, delicate crochet cover at goodwill a few months ago.
I don't know about you, but when I was a little girl, I dreamed of having a place like this to read, escape, and to have all to myself.
I was inspired by this gorgeous a-frame tent DIY from the always inspiring ladies at A Beautiful Mess,
as well as the lovely play tent that Drea at Oh Dear Drea created for her daughter.
I am putting it all together tomorrow, and will have it set up for her birthday on Wednesday!  
I can't wait.

In the meantime, the three of us are headed to a little beach house to stay with Cody's family for a few days. 
We don't see them often, as they live about 300 miles away, so this is an extra special treat.
His parents, sister and her kids, and us. I couldn't imagine a more perfect way to spend Ramona's birthday. 
She loves seeing our family so much; It's such a joy to see.
I will be doing absolutely nothing but enjoying everyone, baking birthday things,
blowing up balloons, playing on the beach, catching crab, and reading. 
Oh, and there is a hot tub. I'll be doing that, too. 

So hello again, goodbye again.
I'll be back soon, with lots of memories to share.
Ramona is so loved, and I am happy. 

▲▲▲

No comments:

Post a Comment