Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Dearest 2012


One August morning, we made those vows.


A love affair with grilled asparagus emerged.


Lots and lots of moments like this one were relished.


Rain boots became a real luxury.


We explored and explored and explored.


We played.


She grew into her daddy's girl.


We bundled up and explored some more.


♥♥♥

You were a year full of big changes, and tiny discoveries. You turned Ramona into a two-year-old girl, with an enormous voice, and the loveliest sense of imagination. You gave me a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, and began my journey as a teacher. You taught me how to balance it all, and that going to the park two, sometimes three, times a day is definitely necessary. I learned patience and how to think about things from a child's perspective. You moved us to this city, which immediately felt like home, as if we've been here all along. Much of you was spent collecting treasures at the beach, splashing in puddles, and doing jigsaw puzzles on the floor. You've surrounded us with a delightful, intelligent group of people, each endlessly inspiring in their own way. You gave us a long warm summer, a tiny potty trained girl, countless family bike rides, and our very first little urban garden. You were homemade popsicles, beach camping trips, spontaneous flights to see best friends, and cold hikes up to old hot springs. A lot of you was spent sewing and collecting every last detail of the most emotional and lovely wedding I've ever been to, ours. 

I am sad to see you go, but I have a feeling that 2013 is going to be wonderful. For example, Ramona starts preschool tomorrow! When you have a child, and someone who loves you completely, every minute is a treasure. I can't wait to see what you have in store for our little girl. Please, don't let her grow too quickly. And keep reminding me to stop and notice all of the little things, because those are the things I want to remember most. 

▲▲▲

No comments:

Post a Comment