Saturday, December 8, 2012

What Ramona eats.


▲Asparagus, bacon, and provolone quiche, grapes


▲Red pepper, tomato, and corn soup topped with cilantro, 
turkey, provolone, and fig spread grilled sandwich, carrot sticks. 


▲Salmon salad with mayo, celery, and dill,
cucumber and pickle slices, sourdough toast


▲Kale + lentil vegetable soup, tiny pumpernickel toast with avocado


Every time I tell people what my daughter eats, I am surprised that they are so surprised.
Toddlers can eat healthy, well-rounded meals; you just have to give them the opportunity.

I have always prepared Ramona's food from scratch.
As a baby, she ate pureed fresh fruits and vegetables, 
many times mixed with a little pad of unsalted butter and breast milk to add those good fats.

Since I was always playing with different things for her to eat, 
I became a better, more experimental cook, and she grew to be an experimental eater. 

Ramona is over 2.5 years now, and still eats a wide variety of foods.
As a family, we eat mostly fresh, organic produce, rice and grains,
eggs and cheese, and meat from time to time.
We are not vegetarian, although I do cook a lot of vegetarian dishes.

I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as "toddler food" 
and I'd like to share with you what Ramona eats.

▲▲▲

No comments:

Post a Comment