Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy.

We had a lovely, lazy Halloween around here. 

I made skull-shaped pancakes with blueberry eyes and noses, we dressed up in our costumes (I made Ramona an owl costume, and I was a black kitty) and walked down to the morning story time to see some friends and listen to Halloween stories. Ramona was pointing out the different costumes, giggling about the whiskers on my face, and generally having a great time. 


When we came home, I made these deliciously festive and healthy no-bake vegan and gluten-free pumpkin balls (recipe here), which I highly recommend you make. Then, I finally got started on this book after finishing this one (I may challenge myself to reading every single book Tom Robbins has ever written). He is pure genius. 


After dinner and a bubble bath, we put our costumes back on and strolled around the block, hitting up a few houses so Ramona could experience the Trick-or-Treat aspect of the holiday, but still keep her from eating her weight in candy.

(we hadn't given her a lollipop until yesterday, she. was. blown. away.)


We put the little one in bed, and two of our dear friends came by for some icy cold Monster Mash Ale and a some good conversation. 

A good, lazy day, yet productive in all the right ways.

We are sending our love to the East Coast. 
▲▲▲


No comments:

Post a Comment