Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pumpkin waffles.


I have been meaning to make these pumpkin waffles all week.

Every morning, it has seemed like we had an appointment to rush to (took a tour of a preschool that we loved so much!), Cody let me sleep in until 9 (this never happens!), or Ramona was so impatient for breakfast that we end up eating cereal or scrambled eggs or something else is a real hurry. 

Pumpkin waffles require an early rise, and some real love and effort. Thankfully, this time change helped us all get an early start, and aided in my making the best waffles to date.

The recipe I used (get it here) was so spot on. It had all the right spices, it was fluffy and not at all too sweet. Topped with chopped raw walnuts and real maple syrup, it tasted just like pumpkin pie. 
It was fabulous. And we have a stack of leftovers.

What fall recipes are you loving right now? 
I can't get enough of root vegetables and earthy spices like cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg.
As I get older, fall becomes more and more my favorite time of all. 

▲▲▲

(I realize that I'm regurgitating my Instagram photos a lot... which means I need to use my DSLR more. I'm challenging myself to bring it with me more. You'll see.)

No comments:

Post a Comment