Friday, October 26, 2012

Cornmeal crust.

Today is a day for a cornmeal crust pizza.

I have a lot of cornmeal sitting in my cupboard, so I sought out a recipe. 
I ended up using the recipe here. It was easy and baked up perfectly brown.

Of course you can use whatever toppings you choose, but I thought I'd share mine since they were so yummy. I made two different pizzas with roughly the same ingredients. Instead of sauce, I mixed olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano, and crushed fresh garlic and brushed the top of the crust. 

Then, I added the toppings:

Pizza 1: 
caramelized onions
bacon, broken into bits
halved brussel sprouts, sauteed in the bacon grease
ricotta cheese, dolloped on top
freshly grated parmesan, after the pizza bakes

Pizza 2:
ricotta cheese, spread on top of the olive oil layer
caramelized onions
roasted golden beets
bits of the bacon
top with grated parmesan, before baking



I decided I'd bake the day away and, well, I did.

Happy fall baking.
▲▲▲


No comments:

Post a Comment