Thursday, September 27, 2012

It's simple.

I was biking home after spending the morning in a local coffe shop today, and it hit me: 

I absolutely, to the core, adore every day of my simple little life. 

I was slowly pedaling my 1910s cruiser, watching mamas rocking their babies on front porches and neighbors watering their winter gardens. I smiled and realized how lucky I am to get to do the same, wonderful things everyday with my daughter and my husband. My family laughs, we listen to each other, we read, we love, we cook simple food, we watch the clouds move, we garden, we bike, we play make-believe, and we transport ourselves to long-ago eras through our record collection. 

It has taken me some time, and a lot of growing up, to realize that happiness arises out of simplicity and ease. I am the happiest and healthiest I have ever been. 



I love our quiet little corner of the world. I hope you love yours.
▲▲▲

No comments:

Post a Comment