Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Favorite things: handmade raku hanging planter.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, we went to the Alberta Street Fair this past weekend.
I never expect to find anything besides countless people making ridiculous spectacles of themselves,
and I especially never expect to find anything that I would spend money on.

Never say never.


This little raku hanging planter by local artisan, Rachel Love, had to be mine.
(what you can't see in this photo is a handmade bead pulling the strings together at the top. seriously made with love.)

You can see more of her work on etsy here ➸ High Yield Studio,
although, she had way more hanging planters at the street fair than she has listed.
I have a feeling that if you contact her and express interest, she will be able to offer you a much larger selection.
Her style is unique, undone, and even though I went for a more muted hued one,
many of her planters are brightly colored with happy designs.

Yay for finding, loving, and promoting awesome local artists!

▲▲▲

//we are leaving this afternoon,
going camping for the next two nights. 
enjoy the rest of your week!//

1 comment: