Sunday, December 23, 2012

Bow so simple.

I just reorganized my sewing box after being on my own case for awhile about it now,
and ever since I made it all pretty and neat again
I've been itching to sew like a mad woman.

The creative energy has been reignited.
There are innumerable projects that I want to do.

I discovered that I had some scraps of felt laying around
so I made these super easy headbands and drank a cup of tea
while Ramona read her library books this afternoon.
It took about 5 minutes per bow.

For one bow you'll need:

▲A piece of felt, about 4" X 2.5"
▲Another piece of felt, 1" X 2.5"
▲A needle and thread or fabric glue (I hand-stitched mine)
▲An elastic headband (or whatever metal clip you want to put it on)



▲Pinch the center of your rectangle bow piece in place with your fingers,
Sew or glue into place.

▲Take the smaller center felt piece and wrap it around the center of the bow, 
be sure to put your elastic inside. Sew into place.


▲Ta-da!

I made one grey, and one red bow. 
Ramona thinks they are pretty fancy, especially when worn as a bow tie. 
An awesome thing about rapidly growing toddlers: 
their heads are about the size of an adult's so we can share! 

-------

psst... it's Christmas Eve tomorrow! 
We're going to play in the snow all day then have dinner with friends. 
I love this time of year! 

▲▲▲




No comments:

Post a Comment