Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful.

We were so lucky to host Thanksgiving at our tiny little home this year.

It was a perfectly intimate affair, with our parents there to dote on Ramona for a few special days.
Cody rotisseried our orange-and-fresh-herb-stuffed turkey on the barbecue, and I made brussel sprouts, stuffing, mashed potatoes and turkey gravy, and fresh cranberry sauce. 

We ate, drank wine, spun records, laughed a whole lot, and finished the meal with a pumpkin bread pudding topped with warmed real maple syrup and raw walnuts. So delicious.

When asked what she was thankful for, Ramona replied, "mama and daddy, grammy, grampy, and grandma. and yummy food and my christmas tree in my bedroom."

I melted.






I have my health.
 I am so fortunate to be able to challenge my mind and further my education. 
I have an adorable husband whose wit and humor endlessly entertain me; I love and appreciate him more than he'll ever know. 
I am able to watch my sweet daughter grow and change, as we teach her how to navigate her world. 
I have the unyielding love and support of both of my families. 
Our home is warm, and always filled with laughter and music. 
Looking ahead at our future goal of teaching abroad, I am grateful for the opportunities I have had and those yet to be seized upon. 

I am so thankful today, and everyday.
I'm feeling blessed and blessed, and eager to use one of these.

Happy Holiday.
▲▲▲

No comments:

Post a Comment