Sunday, October 21, 2012

Thoughts.




I came across a quote awhile ago that stopped me.
It was one of those pieces that brings up emotions 
and weaknesses you forget that you have.

"I want to be like water.
I want to slip through fingers, but hold up a ship."
spoken by the beautiful, breath of fresh air in Hollywood, Michelle Williams.


It is far too easy to become forgetful of how delicate the balancing act is.

Personally, I am an ever-patient stay-at-home mama who is a/an (among many other things):


Insightful teacher.
Devoted lover, partner.
Consistent disciplinarian.
Focused graduate student.
Articulate public speaker.
Graceful mistake-maker.
Bedtime ritual dancer.


I am constantly striving to be fluid, responsive, and always balanced.
It is difficult to be all of these things, to be them all in good fashion.
I believe that merely understanding that this balance exists, 
ultimately that is what relieves us.

Sometimes it's what we need; To fall apart, to splash upon the floor.
Mopping is for another day. 

▲▲▲

No comments:

Post a Comment