Wednesday, October 24, 2012

On the farm.



We made a trip out of the city to Sauvie Island on Sunday with a few friends to pick our pumpkins, to get lost in the corn maze, and to eat more than our fair share of oktoberfest sausages and caramel apples. Ramona experienced her first hayride, which was muddy and slippery and made for a lot of excited little squeals. 

Our girl ran around the patch of pumpkins looking for the perfect "wound one" until she was so exhausted she could barely stand. I love letting her get dirty, seeing the excitement of novel places and ideas. Autumn and everything that is included in it is a very exciting thing to my two-year-old, and I love to imagine what it must feel like for her. 

It was a lovely day spent outdoors with friends, and all the imperative fall foods. 

We even made these ginger molasses cutout cookies when we got home (recipe here), and I whipped up my own glaze/icing by mixing fresh pressed apple cider and powdered sugar to your desired consistency. 


It was truly a day for making spooky molasses cookies.

I can't wait to carve tomorrow night! 

Happy, happy fall.

▲▲▲

No comments:

Post a Comment