Friday, November 29, 2013

THE SEARCH FOR THE PERFECT CHRISTMAS TREE + FILET MIGNON + FAMILY










We woke up Thanksgiving morning and headed for the mountains. 
After stopping for cocoa, hot cider, and coffee, we found our little tree high up on a ridge.

The weather has been incredible here, so we had sun and blue skies all day. 
We sang christmas carols and told Ramona to stop kicking the back of our seats a lot.
When we reached the tree line, our view was sunny and hazy and seemed to go on forever.
The views were glorious. I'll forever be in awe of this place.

Ramona's criteria were a bit suspect in picking the tree, she pointed at every tree we saw as if it were the one. 
Finding our tree was the perfect way to kick off the holiday season.

Somehow we even managed to be back in Portland by 1, with plenty of time to pretend to watch football all afternoon. 
Cody made the most delicious filet mignon and green beans I've ever eaten.
After awhile we decorated the tree and had licorice tea, while we listened to some old records.
It was just us three.
It was lovely.

I'm thankful for my awesome little family, who always keeps my life so full of life and love.
I'm thankful that they're mine and I'm theirs.

Happy Thanksgiving.

▲▲▲

2 comments:

  1. well that just about sounds like the most perfect day ever. you seem to have a lot to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a cozy day with good food and my favorite people in my face the whole time. Truly thankful these days. xox

      Delete