Friday, November 22, 2013

HOLIDAY POTPOURRI.


My in-laws are coming for the weekend to celebrate Thanksgiving early with us, 
and I thought that made for the perfect excuse to make this incredibly simple stovetop potpourri. 
I put it on the stove in the early morning, and our home is filled with a delicious, festive aroma all day long.

There are a variety of things you can throw in, but this time I used orange and lemon slices, cinnamon sticks, and bay leaves.
Whole cloves, rosemary, thyme, and cranberries also put off the best smell.
You simply cut up the ingredients, put them in a small pot, cover the ingredients with water, 
and simmer all day (adding more water throughout the day as needed). 

There is a covering of ice on the ground outside lately, 
and this potpourri makes staying in our pajamas and slippers all day seem perfectly appropriate.
I may or may not be making this every day until New Years.

▲▲▲

No comments:

Post a Comment