Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Saturdays are for SURPRISES.






We surprised my mama this past Saturday.
She lives in Olympia, we live in Portland. So, we don't see each other all the time.
It's usually a planned trip, something we fit in when we can.
Well, when your mother's birthday falls on mother's day, you go the distance to surprise her with 
handmade gifts and houseplants and cute granddaughters. 

It was a quick trip, but the weather was perfect.
The wooden boat festival was down on the waterfront, 
so we walked with my mom from her super rad shop, Peacock Vintage Modern, over to see all the boats. 
Ramona and I even got to board an old ship from WWII!
("This anchor feels heavy!")

It was sunny and we could see the mountains all around, 
I spent some quality time with my mom and her guy, 
we woke up to thunderstorms on the puget sound,
and I ate at my favorite breakfast place in town. 
 I even got to squeeze my bestie's little man for a while.

Aaaaand, when I got back to Portland, Cody had the most beautiful bouquet, succulent, and bottle of wine waiting for me.

I hope you all enjoyed your mother's days with your family. 
I sure did.

▲▲▲

If you find me on vine, I made a cute little video showing my first handmade mother's day gift from Ramona. 
My name is Amanda Mitchell.




No comments:

Post a Comment